Hamilton Wildcats Basketball Academy is a non-profit rep basketball club with a 15 year history in the provision and delivery of competitive basketball programs for youth in the community. Our academy is based in Hamilton, Ontario. Our volunteers work diligently around the clock to maintain a high standard of development for our youth.
Our many volunteer coaches are highly qualified and are certified through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), a national licensing organization that is developed and implemented through the combined efforts of the Federal/Provincial governments, National/Provincial Sport governing bodies, and the Coaching Association of Canada.
Our competitive teams are offered to boys and girls ages 9 – 19. Season runs September to May for most divisions. We offer and participate in highly competitive tournaments locally, province wide, Canada and in the United States.
We are affiliated and proud members of Basketball Ontario. As members of Basketball Ontario we participate in the Provincial Ontario Cup Championships – Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) annually.
What the Hamilton Wildcats can do for you?
- We invest in our athletes in providing leadership skills to assist them in achieving their potential.
- Build your self-esteem/self-confidence,
- Give you opportunities to achieve your peak performance,
- Support all of your athletic abilities through nutrition, mental training and physical fitness for your optimal health,
- We support your community volunteer service program,
- Encourage team work and team spirit,
- You become "the best you can be",
- You will learn Life skills through the median of basketball.
Our goal is to:
- Provide every participant in a Sport Program with a positive experience,
- Provide opportunity for participants to achieve their full potential through the Sport of Basketball,
- Use the Sport as a Personal Development Tool.